Considering Home Showing Procedures
During these unsettling times, sellers and buyers are concerned about staying healthy and virus-free as we all are. To keep all parties safe, new home showing procedures should be considered. Following are Home Showing Procedures durng Covid-19.
Agents are reporting that they are selling homes where the buyers have not physically been in the home and base their decision on the virtual tour found online. Some states have suspended showings because they are not considered essential services and other states have not addressed the subject.
For the Prospective Home Buyers
In the spirit of stepping up to do what is necessary, following sare uggestions concerning Home Showing Procedures During Covid-19.
- Buyers should view the pictures online first to see if the home meets their needs. Most listing agents upload enough pictures to get a good idea of what a home looks like.
- Buyers should ask their agent questions that the photos don’t address. Then, their agent can go through the listing agent to ask the seller direct.
- It may be possible for the agent or owner to do a Facetime walk-through which would allow the buyers to ask questions and direct the agent or owner where to point the camera.
- When possible, buyers can make an appointment to see the home through their agent. They should meet the agent at the home in their own car. No children should attend showings.
- Recommended safe distances will be maintained between the owners and listing agent, if present, the buyers and their agent.
- Transfer is almost inevitable, and all precautions should be taken. Buyers should carry their own sanitizing wipes and or gloves and avoid unnecessarily touching surfaces. Allow their agent to open doors and cabinets.
- They should be disposed of in a trash bag in their car after they exit the home.
The social distancing and isolation could present some buying opportunities due to a lack of competition. At the same time, the lack of inventory in many markets could keep prices high. Overall, home prices nationwide are stable and, in many cases, continuing to rise which makes it a far less volatile alternative to investing in the stock market.
With mortgage rates being at historic lows, there will probably never be a cheaper time to finance a home.
If you have questions about Home Showing Procedures During Covid-19, please let me know!
Thank you again for looking at our listings and let us know if we can help you in anyway.
Please stay safe; wash your hands; practice social distancing and follow all the guidelines necessary to promote good health. We’re all in this together!
If you are considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlottesville area, rely on me to help you put the pieces together. Virginia Gardner, Roy Wheeler Realty Co., (434) 981-0871 – Email Virginia