Earlysville VA in Albemarle County near Charlottesville is a small village featuring lovely rural neighborhoods. This is country living at its best!
Some of the beautiful Earlysville Neighborhoods:
Some of the many employers located within 5 miles of Earlysville…
- The National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC): NGIC’s mission is to produce all-source integrated intelligence on foreign ground forces and support combat technologies. This is to ensure that U.S. forces and other decision makers will always have a decisive edge on any battlefield.
- Charlottesville is benefiting in a big way from the US Department of Defense’s (DoD) Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) progress. Many Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) organizations are moving to or have relocated to this area at NGIC.
- MicroAire Surgical Instruments, with 130 employees; R&D and headquarters facility for surgical instruments manufacturer, located along Airport Road.
At the UVA Research Park:
- CACI Enterprise Solutions, Inc. A global consulting firm, providing IT and network solutions to the federal government.
- Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development – A non-profit, public / private partnership formed in 1995 to help create new jobs and investment in Central Virginia.
- MITRE Corporation – a not-for-profit organization chartered to work in the public interest, managing federally funded research and development centers
- PRA Health Sciences – providing innovative solutions to move drug discovery forward, helping our clients to develop life-saving and life-improving drugs.
- Siemans – A U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG (a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering) operating in the industry, energy, healthcare, and infrastructure & cities sectors.
All of the area’s major shopping areas are easily available to Earlysville:
- Hollymead Town Center, with Harris Teeter Grocery, Target, Kohl’s, and all sorts of national and local retailers and restaurants (5-10 minutes)
- Stonefield, with Trader Joe’s, Pottery Barn, Orvis, L.L. Bean, Regal IMAX Theaters, and many restaurants
- Rio Hill Shopping and immediate area, with Kroger Grocery, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Lowe’s, WalMart, and Sam’s Club (15 minutes)
- Albemarle Square, with a branch of the JMRL public library, the Northside Library, across Rte. 29 (15-20 minutes)
- Fashion Square Mall, the area’s only enclosed shopping center, with Sears, Belk, and JC Penney (15-20 minutes)
- Barracks Road Shopping Center, the area’s higher-end shopping, includes locally-owned boutique shops and gourmet-to-go, along with some of the national restaurant chains, Kroger and Harris Teeter grocery stores, an Old Navy, Michael’s, Barnes & Noble’s, and more (15-20 minutes)
- Charlottesville Downtown Pedestrian Mall, the best selection of restaurants in the area, art and craft galleries, unique and interesting retailers, and the best place to find entertainment in the area (20-25 minutes)
View our other Earlysville posts and pages:
In conclusion, those of us who have chosen Earlysville VA as our home know that we enjoy the best of both worlds!!
If you are considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlottesville area, rely on me to help you put the pieces together. Virginia Gardner, Roy Wheeler Realty Co., (434) 981-0871 – Email Virginia