There is much fun to be had at many Christmas and Holiday Events in Charlottesville and the surrounding communities!
Christmas and Holiday Events in Charlottesville include a variety of activities for all ages to enjoy in 2017. Many special Christmas and Holiday Events in Charlottesville are at historic sites, music and dance venues, and local vineyards. Here are a few ideas of ways to take in the 2017 Holiday Season in Charlottesville:
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello at Christmas is offering a Children’s Woodland Ornament Workshop on December 9 and 16, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monticello is also offering Holiday Evening Tours (intimate and very special) on December 8 and 9 at 5:15, 5:30, 5:45, and 6:00 p.m. on both days.
- Highland, the home of President James Monroe, is offering an after hours holiday tour and open hearth cooking. Check out After Hours at Highland 2017.
- The Paramount on the Downtown Mall will be bustling with great film, music, and performances such as the Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker, on the evening of December 17 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Charlottesville Ballet will also be presenting The Nutcracker at PVCC (Piedmont Virginia Community College) on December 16, 17, 21, and 22, 2017 with a matinee and evening performance each day!
- The Glass House Winery has a very fun event known as MoJo Sweet Potato Pie Christmas Singalong and Pie Share with live music from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. on December 17, 2017.
- AND for ringing in the New Year, a not-to-miss event held every New Year’s Eve in and around the Downtown Charlottesville Mall is FIRST NIGHT VIRGINIA 2018! This event includes The 36th Festival of the Arts and a wide variety of family-friendly activities.
Charlottesville Family, an online publication of area resources for Charlottesville families produced by Ivy Publications