2017 4th Quarter & Year-End Charlottesville VA Area Real Estate Market Report
Homebuyers and Sellers should read the following information which tells all for 2017 in our area! The 2017 4th Quarter & Year-End Charlottesville VA Real Estate Market Report also gives links to more in-depth analyses. The Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors, or CAAR, is the provider of these reports.
Greater Charlottesville Area 2017 Fourth Quarter & Year-End Highlights:
• Home sales increased 7.5% (863) compared to Q4 2016 (803), while year-end indicated a 4.0% gain.
• Greater Charlottesville median sales price rose to $300,000 (12%) compared to Q4 2016 ($267,842), as year-end marked a 7.4% improvement.
• The median days on the market for Q4 2017 remained steady at 71- days, unchanged from Q4 2016, while year-end showed a 8.5% decline (six-days fewer).
• New listings grew 13.4% (822) compared to Q4 2016 (725), as year-end marked a 2.8% increase.
• Pending sales improved 17.6% (761) compared to Q4 2016 (647), while year-end showed a 7.5% surge.
• Inventory of homes for sale declined 15.9% (939) in Q4 2017, as year-end indicated a 15.7% decrease.
2017 Fourth Quarter & Year-End Quarter Greater Charlottesville and County Market Reports
Please click below:
- 2017 Annual Report
- Greater Charlottesville
- Albemarle County
- City of Charlottesville
- Fluvanna County
- Greene County
- Louisa County
- Nelson County
Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS®
550 Hillsdale Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22901
Office: (434) 817-2227 | Fax: (434) 817-2836